Saturday, August 5, 2017

This week at the library; or, Summer is over. Deep breath. New stuff happening.

Most of my time and energy this week has gone towards the interview and hiring process for a new associate. I've also been scrambling to clean out the basement and get projects and so on organized for the month. We also had about 80 people at Craft-o-Rama and 50 at Free Lego Build. Plus I supervised the bi-annual knit-in Friday night.

I had my last Library on the Go visit and wrote up an evaluation of the program launch. I'll need to write a more complete report for the grant later.

I revised and updated Read and Grow: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten. (I still need to link the reading bookmarks I added)

Projects for the rest of the month
  • Completely redo Reading Explorer
  • Update and plan book clubs
  • Update and plan after school clubs
  • Revise staff training materials
  • Clean out the basement and organize materials
  • Newsletter and publicity
  • A couple grants
  • Finish weeding YA fiction, picture books, and Juvenile fiction 900s
  • Survey for parents of our special needs kids
  • Spring programming (because I won't have time to do it later!)

No comments: