Saturday, January 14, 2017

This week at the library; or, Life Resumes

some of the endless baking for the bake sale.
What's happening
  • Monday
    • Playgroup with Pattie
    • Tiny Tots (Pattie)
    • Staff meeting and I packed 3 boxes, 5 baskets, and other assorted collections of books for schools! My trusty aide repaired the play kitchen and the duplo table.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Bookaneers
    • Sudden avalanche of work and panicked racing to get things done before my outreach tomorrow. Still piles of things on desk. Glitter everywhere (this doesn't actually bother me). Unpacked boxes of books, boxes of supplies, and fought with the copier. Then I went home and mixed masses of caramel and cookie dough for the upcoming bake sale. Remembered why I hate baking.
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lego Club
    • The book & bake sale started today. Lego Club was a bit cramped and we only had tables from the Storyroom.
  • Friday
    • Outreach: Winter Animals
    • One outreach visit, desk shift, still cleaning off my desk. This week has been very difficult and stressful for everyone and I'm glad it is over.
Reader's Advisory
  • I survived
  • Suicide Squad books - further questions, taken in conjunction with my knowledge of the patron in question - gave them DC Superhero Girls. I will probably buy some Suicide Squad for the teen graphic novels.
  • Ghosts of the titanic by lawson
  • Wendy Mass read-alikes - Lauren Myracle, Michele Hurwitz
  • Easy nonfiction - Jump, National Geographic easy readers

No comments: