Sunday, January 8, 2017

2016 Budget Numbers, Circulation Numbers, Programming Numbers, I Haz Them ALL (part 2 the $$$)

The Statistics Octopus
Every year I feel like I can improve the record-keeping for the budget. This year I transferred most of my material orders to google sheets, but kept the budget spreadsheet in Excel, which turned out to be a bad decision as there was a gap between the two. $187.27 gap, but who's counting?

Next year I've combined all the order lists and record-keeping into the same spreadsheets so I can keep better track. There are always some things you can't predict - Amazon orders, which change their prices, audiobooks with processing fees, etc. - but I think this will give me a closer figure.

Supplies and Programs
  • Performers: $1200
  • Supplies for programs: $2900
  • Play area materials (grant): $250
Materials - Books
  • Board Books: $600
  • Picture Books: $6200
  • Easy Readers: $2150
  • Juvenile Series (beginning chapter paperbacks): $500
  • Juvenile Fiction: $2500
  • Juvenile Nonfiction: $5600
  • Young Adult Fiction: $1500
  • Young Adult Graphic Novels and Manga: $1000
  • Young Adult Nonfiction: $400
  • We also added over 100 donations, mostly materials I received for review or discounts with orders (I like ABDO for this reason among others)
Materials - Audio Visual Materials
  • Fiction dvds: $3800
  • Nonfiction dvds: $250
  • Music cds: $380
  • Anime dvds: $1070
  • Video Games: $1000
  • Easy audiobooks (book and cd combinations): $450
  • Juvenile audiobooks: $400
  • Young adult audiobooks: $500
  • Circulating toys (grants): $250

No comments: