Saturday, December 10, 2016

This week at the library; or, I have so many things to do

What's Happening
  • Monday
    • Staff meeting. I got budget numbers! Always very exciting. Now I can really start planning next year in earnest.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Bookaneers
    • Of course, having requested All The Books, including several older chapter book selections all those extra kids didn't come, only my regulars - and a pair that thought they were too late b/c the door was closed (they weren't too late - we were too noisy) so I gave them books and crackers afterwards. Some of the kids were a little disappointed that we didn't have a book-specific craft, but I was too tired to come up with one.
  • Wednesday
    • No programs. We worked on many things.
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lego Club
    • I came in at noon because I was working another person's evening shift. Still working on juvenile fiction, scheduling, and misc. things. It was a small but very....intense group at Lego Club. I owe my aide chocolate for covering the last half hour.
  • Friday
    • Half-day. I went to pick up the cookies for tomorrow and to Walmart for decorations and stuff and set up for the program and hauled lots of stuff up from the basement.
  • Saturday
    • Santa's Kitchen
    • Finally this week is over. I went to buy a new computer and fight with my internet, which didn't start working (for as little reason as it stopped) until Sunday night. We also had a huge snowstorm.
Professional Development
  • Webinar: Media Mentors and Libraries: Family Engagement in the 21st Century (ALSC)
  • Webinar: YSS Powerhouse Presents: All in the family
  • Webinar: Holiday House Spring 2017 New Book Presentation
Reader's Advisory
  • Everyone wants gingerbread man books. I need more copies next year.
  • 9 year old with a high lexile who doesn't like bad guys - this is a recurrent request and a personal favorite as I get to suggest all my favorite books from my own childhood reading! This time I went with Freddy the Pig, the Enormous Egg, and Scott Corbett's Trick books.
  • fan of Wings of Fire needs a new series in the 800/900 lexile level. Dark is Rising and Tunnels.
  • Mesopotamia project. Sigh.
  • leopard geckos - my one book was out
  • superheroes for a little girl - showed her the easy reader tub
Holiday displays and stealth programs (none of which I put together)

gingerbread man decorating station

bulletin board display with lights!

book wreath

winter scene

circ staff's book bundle tree

No comments: