Saturday, October 29, 2016

This week at the library; or, Now we are very busy

This is a mummy
What's Happening
  • Monday
    • Ooshy Mooshy Gooshy: Sensory Playgroup (Jess)
    • Tiny Tots (Pattie)
    • Read with Pearl
    • In which the kids see the new arrangement of the teen area for the first time. They seem to approve and spread out. Also, Jess covers sensory playgroup for the first and last time. Some programs you can only get subs for once...
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (Pattie)
    • I was at work for a few hours in the morning and then bravely set out for a conference. I will talk about it later - I'm covering all the backlog of professional development in November.
  • Wednesday
    • Outreach Storytime: Autumn (5 sessions)
    • Kindergarten field trip (Jess)
    • Youth Center (Jess)
    • It rained miserably all day. Jess went to the school b/c they couldn't walk over and took catapults to the youth center.
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • Spooky Craft-o-rama
    • I opened the Storyroom from 10-5 and had the leftovers from yesterday's program plus paint and some extra paper and stuff I dug out of the back. I worked on the Fairy Tale Adventure all day. I am really tired.
Reader's Advisory
  • Lexiles. This was one I couldn't help with - I just encouraged the parents to talk to the teacher and school librarian. Very high level lexile plus reluctant reader - sometimes you just can't win!
  • Bone
  • More lexiles.
  • Tractor books
  • Lots of requests from teachers

No comments: