Saturday, April 9, 2016

This week at the library; or, I have returned

Finished a set of mini quilts
What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • I went out to Milwaukee for a meeting to present my Reading Explorer program (this sounds very fancy, but it wasn't really) and then met with Pattie to finalize the summer calendar. And then I did many things. And then the furnace died. Typical. Juuuuust typical. Yep, I'm back.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Bookaneers
    • Redid all the circ numbers - nearly had a heart attack when I saw them yesterday, but turned out it was the wrong ones! Phew! Only 4 kids for book club.
  • Wednesday
    • Worked at the children's desk. No programs!
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Lego Club
    • Tap to Play
    • I came in at noon because of our last Tap to Play (not that we expect anyone). It's our month for the 3-D printer and the sound is driving me INSANE. I am not a fan. I was going to say today was really slow - Lego Club was so empty that I left Jess in charge and went back to have a scheduling meeting with my aides. Then everything went insane. 50 people came to Lego Club and when everything (finally) calmed down one of the kids lost their glasses. Oy. Nobody came to Tap to Play - this is the last one.
  • Friday
    • Opened and worked 2 hours on the information desk. Finished my monthly report, sent orders, and answered innumerable phone calls.
  • Saturday
    • Went with Sara the Librarian and Jess to the Wisconsin After School Association conference. It was interesting to see things from a different perspective and we got some good ideas. Also, bacon.
Projects in Progress and Completed
  • Collection development
  • Put together summer calendars and some of the summer reading materials to present at the staff meeting on Monday
  • Monthly reports and other paperwork
Reader's advisory, requests, and notes
  • Spirit Animals
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks new movie (gag)
  • R2D2 folding and doodling
  • Civil War books
  • Palace pets chapter books
  • beginning reader questions (complicated)
  • boxcar children
  • there was an old lady who swallowed.... different books
  • My sonic fan asked again - really need to get more for him
  • wimpy kid
  • bedtime books
  • Gidwitz - tale dark and grimm
  • lift the flaps - found some board books with movable parts

No comments: