Saturday, March 5, 2016

This week at the library; or, A paradox, a paradox, a most ingenious paradox!

It's all worth it.
What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • I celebrated Leap Year by a Pirates of Penzance marathon, hence the subtitle above. We also had an extra-long staff meeting. That was practically all that happened today because we had a lot to discuss.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Bookaneers
    • Massive snowstorm! Storytime was cancelled because there was no school. It was a quiet day and I got a lot of work done and happily circulation stepped up to help with shelving as my aide was out sick. I had a small but happy group for book club.
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lego Club
    • Tap to Play
    • I had an average but VERY enthusiastic group at Lego Club. Tap to Play is really dead but we've only got one more anyways.
  • Friday
    • I went to Walmart and bought vast amounts of candy (for science next week), cheap oil (same thing), and last-minute things for the Dr. Seuss party. Then I finally wandered into work and did some weeding and reports and things kept happening and I didn't leave until nearly 4pm.
  • Saturday
    • Dr. Seuss Celebration
    • I'm tired and I need to figure out a way to plan so that I magically have everything I need, but not more than I need, for an unknown number of attendees and don't freak out before every program.
Projects in Progress or Completed
  • Back to the 500s weeding - I'm up to the 590s
  • Still working on easy readers with Jess
  • Weeded and cleaned out tub books
  • Planning programs
  • Monthly report, budget, orders
A selection of book requests and reader's advisory questions
  • Alice books - I'm still buying the series a few at a time
  • Reader's advisory for a voracious teen reader. We discussed a lot of different things and she took Eleventh Plague and Stolarz' Deadly little secrets.
  • Books about rainbow looms - we don't have any
  • Dr. Seuss - lots of requests from teachers and parents
  • Sudden recurrence of interest in rainbow looms - need to order some books
  • graphic novels - need to fill in several series, Korgi, Bird & Squirrel, etc.
  • Behind the bedroom wall
  • I was just wondering if I should get more Sonic the Hedgehog comics and a kid asked for them so I probably should.
  • I should buy additional copies of Willems' pigeon books

No comments: