Saturday, September 5, 2015

This week at the library; or, Last week of no programs

This was whipped up by one of our circulation staff
when I begged for help fixing my bare board.
What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • Still working on Lexiles. Last bits of planning, running errands, etc. for the start of programming next week. I went up to see my associate and her absolutely adorable dog whom I am now in love with (and the baby, but really I'm a dog person) and locked my keys in my (running) car. Yay small towns where the police will come pry your doors open...
  • I also worked on cleaning out my backlog of webinars.
  • And spent another couple hours running around to schools to drop off marketing and try to book outreach. Success! My fall is FULL. and then I realized I had booked 5 school visits on a day I was off. GEEZ.
  • I was right down to the wire finishing the lexiles, but I took a break to make a bunch of coloring starter pages for the art station, inspired by an ALSC post a while back.
  • Saturday was crazy and I HATE LEXILES AND EXCEL.
Some projects completed/in progress this week
  • Lexiles finished! (or they would have been if the dang printer hadn't run out of toner. I just have half a list to print and one more to format for printing)
  • Reorganizing Spanish
Professional Development
Stealth Programs and Displays
  • Michael Vey audios - we don't have the latest.
  • Two recommendations of Hilda
  • Eleanor's Secret, two recommendations of Castle in the Sky

No comments: