Saturday, May 16, 2015

This week at the library

What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • Phew. Programs are over. Now it's time for outreach, planning, and vast amounts of organization.
  • We have chicks!
  • Well, that was premature. Was just congratulating myself on the week nearly being done and nothing much more happening in the last few hours of Friday when I:
    • Remembered that there was a program in the storyroom on Saturday and EVERYTHING would have to be cleaned out.
    • Found out I would have no shelvers until Tuesday.
    • Found a new book on the shelf with ICKY MOLD.
    • Teacher emailed me to bring lots of kids (which is good, but crazy!)
    • Volunteer I was depending on to help me in the last-minute panic haul to the basement didn't show.
    • HOLY POTATO-EATING WOMBATS!
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
  • Last donation requests followed up (unsuccessfully)
  • Cleaned off desk
  • Organized school visits and Pinterest board of school booktalks
  • All the prize books organized in the basement
  • Recyclables and stuff organization in basement pretty much finished!
  • Putting together teen prizes
Programs
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • The preschooler who wanted books about farting is back - this time he's interested in weather, especially clouds and tornadoes and they also needed books on bullying.
  • Some movie reader's advisory - the child was with the grandparents, but I know him and his parents and I helped him find something that wouldn't be too scary.


Prize books on one side

Craft supplies on the other. The BWI boxes hold our cardboard
blocks.

Recyclables at the back. I'm doing a toddler drive-in and
mad scientists club featuring building this summer. There's bags
of paper towel tubes and decorative paper stars under the table.
The white table is a door (donated by me) sitting on top of
extra shelves.

Egg supplies under the table - styrofoam eggs and drying boxes
Crates donated by me for the furthering of organization
The big box is our supply of butterfly wings. The white table is falling
apart and is my prep table from upstairs. At least here it can't fall
on a kid. And my stash of water bottles. I drink a lot of water.

The long view. The boxes/paper mess in the foreground went out
to recycling and the long shelves leaning up are going
to be put together and put there at the end as soon as
I find the rest of the pieces (another donation from home)

No comments: