Saturday, December 28, 2013

This week at the library; or, Interrupted by the holidays part 1

Random Commentary
  • This was a short week. My aide is not here and my second aide doesn't start until January, so I did a fair amount of shelving (although not as much as our awesome circulation staff, who rallied valiantly to the cause). Mostly it was a bits and pieces kind of week - we're closed the 24th and 25th. I spent a lot of time working on end of year reports and statistics, fiddling with minor things, cleaning off my desk, and rummaging through Pinterest to see if I could actually USE some of those ideas I've been collecting. If you're the kind of person who likes data, you can look forward to three very lengthy posts on budgets, programming, and circulation data coming up in January!
  • Weeded the Ws in the picture books and the Christmas books. Phew!
  • And, of course, zombie books. We delete them, a few months later THEY RISE FROM THE DEAD! Some of the holiday books seem especially prone to this.

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

It's good to shelve occasionally, just to see what's there. I always start some serious weeding/ cleaning out in March, and it's always amazing that there is still some stuff that can go!

Jennifer said...

Ha, the more I shelve, the more I weed! It's a disease. Me shelving turns into a sort of monologue "omg I can't believe we even own that..omg what is that stain...why do we have three copies of this?" and then I get in trouble for weeding too much!