Saturday, October 19, 2013

This week at the library; or, Reaching out for Outreach

Programs
Random Commentary
  • Once again, we spend a large part of our staff meeting talking about toilets
  • This week was very outreach heavy. My voice is suffering. Do I have a sore throat or is it just the result of back to back storytimes with kids who have not had outdoor recess?
  • For a number of reasons I suddenly realized I had to plan the calendar for winter/spring 2014 NOW.
  • I finished my massive concept book project! Every single book in the concept section (a couple hundred? I'm not sure, it was a lot) I looked at the circulation, the condition, I selected replacements, I repaired, I decided where they would be sent - to picture books, to nonfiction, to the delete pile, and then I made additional selections to replace those titles that were out of print or which I no longer wished to sully my library's shelves.
  • Question solved: I have a cold, or a sinus infection, or something. Looking forward to lots of tea and sleep this weekend.

No comments: