Saturday, August 24, 2013

This week at the library

Programs
Random Commentary
  • Cybils has begun! Now is the time to apply to be a panelist! I'm really excited at the revisions to the panel I chair - it is now Elementary/Middle Grade Nonfiction, instead of just picture books. World domination, here I come! Mwa ha ha! Anyways, sign up now! There are many awesome panels and if you don't have the time to commit to being a first round judge (LOTS of reading and discussion involved) there's always Round 2 to consider!
  • The homeschool meet 'n' greet turned out to be a used curriculum sale. We kind of got confused or something. Whatever. I just supplied my aide to move tables and some kids' crafts and snacks and looked in on them occasionally. I'll do the actual meet 'n' greet with a little talk about library resources in September I guess.
  • Publicity, planning, cleaning off my desk, cleaning out the storage room, rearranging space, more parks and rec drama, last numbers for summer reading, it was a busy week. It was also frustrating. When I tried to order some bookmarks from ALA graphics...the website insisted Wisconsin was a foreign country. I spent an hour at Best Buy waiting to be told that they didn't have what I needed to fix the library camera...on and on. Sigh. (I did get a discount at BB to get the piece I needed to fix MY camera, since I waited so long, so I guess I'm just going to stick with using my personal camera at work, which I've been doing for the last six months or so.)

No comments: