Saturday, February 2, 2013

This week at the library; or, ALA Midwinter, snow, butterflies, and books!

Programs
  • Coffee, Kids, and Conversation (Pattie)
  • Tiny Tots (Pattie)
  • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
  • Preschool Interactive (Linda)
  • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
  • Messy Art Club: Butterfly Celebration
  • Teens on Screen: Soul Surfer
  • We Explore Colors
Random Commentary
  • Coffee is basically Pattie having office hours in our storyroom, which I think is an AWESOME idea. People often want to talk to her and there's not time after storytime, plus it will bring more folks in to the library and children's area! It's true that people often think she works at the library, and sometimes won't come to programs if Miss Pattie isn't there, but I'm fine with that. We get to count the numbers and I have lots of people at my programs.
  • I was smart this year and took an extra day after the conference, so our reference assistant, Linda, kindly agreed to do Preschool Interactive for me.
  • I don't usually comment on adult programs, but in addition to our regular adult programs this week we are having a Knit-In, which was requested by our Slipped Stitches group, who meet in the Storyroom Wednesday nights. I am being the supervisory librarian from 5-8, then our adult services librarian will cover 8-12. I was going to do some crocheting, but by the time I'd been at work since 8:30am, with an hour break, I was just too tired to be sociable and worked on the mountains on my desk. It was fun listening to them though - they are hilarious (and somewhat...inappropriate...too. heh heh heh)
I give to you...my book stacks! Because I can.
The library book shelf. Mostly picture books and comics right now.
Galleys, review copies, and purchased books, the shelf above. You can't really see, but I have a full shelf behind the Midwinter books I just added in front. The shelf may be a little overloaded. (The shelf you can see above is stuff I'm taking to work - teen galleys for prizes and F&Gs and paperwork and the netbook I borrowed from my colleague.)

My reading chair. I am currently re-reading Ngaio Marsh, but I'm almost done. Those are things I'm reading now, with a pile of comics on top of the box on the top shelf, and then...other stuff. Library books, galleys, review copies, etc.

My desk, some library cds, some personal cds I haven't convinced the computer to download, random paperwork...and the pile of books that have been read, recorded on LibraryThing and are waiting for reviews.

Bonus Picture: The view from my craft table (and reading chair). It's snowing!

No comments: