Saturday, October 27, 2012

This week at the library; or, Where did everyone goooo?

Programs
  • 24th, 10am, Preschool Interactive
  • 25th, 3:30-5pm, Lego Club
  • 26th, 10am, We Explore Giant Boxes
Random Commentary
  • No matter how we try to schedule, staff always end up absent at the same time. We have such a small pool of staff that any absence sends large ripples. With both our director and adult services librarian out this week I was thinking it would be pretty crazy, but torrential rain kept things mostly calm. Some huge chunks on the desk, which are exhausting, but I keep reminding myself that it's only a few days!
  • Of course the computer broke down
  • And the patrons were annoyed over various mishaps
  • As was I
  • But that's life at the library
  • I spent most of the end part of the week (when not on the desk) getting ready for the holiday session of programs. Printing flyers, finishing publicity, etc. Now I just have to plan the programs...
  • I was pleased to see that, although I have not added all my October numbers yet (still need Books 'n' Babies, Tiny Tots, and Family Game Night) our stats currently total 1,065. It's been a good month.
Approximate hours this week
  • Monday, 11:40-8:00
  • Tuesday, 9-4:15
  • Wednesday, 9-5
  • Thursday 8:40-5:45
  • Friday 9-1ish
  • Saturday 9:50-10

No comments: