Saturday, April 21, 2012

This week at the library; or, I was so busy I forgot what I was doing

Monday - It was very busy.

Tuesday - It was also busy. I know I called the animal shelter, sent out more donation letters, packed book bundles, had a conference call with the ys librarians in our area, did reference, worked on the 2012/2013 program calendar...but I think there was some other stuff in there too.

Wednesday - Left around 7:00am for a workshop up in Fitchburg from 9:30 to 12:30 (yes, I know it doesn't take 2 and a half hours to get there, but by the time I drove to Elkhorn, got the city car, collected my colleagues who were carpooling, and made the trip with only getting lost a few times, we got there just in time). Workshop turned out to be about Montessori spaces, not really early literacy spaces but was really good anyways and I got tons of ideas. Had lunch with our consortium's ys coordinator and said colleagues and the director of another library. Got back 15 minutes before Lego Club started - my aide had collected about 15 middle school kids to help her set up. Ran Lego Club. Staggered home.

Thursday - Ah, morning off. And no programs! Planning storytimes for the rest of April and May with sundry other tasks. Got quite a bit done while I was on the desk in the evening as well.

Friday - I'm going to miss my program-less Fridays when I take over Friday morning storytime in the fall (still tentative, but probably going to happen - which will mean I'll be doing 3 programs every week, plus whatever additional programs are planned). Closing on Fridays was, as always, crazy.

No comments: