Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flight of the Dodo by Peter Brown

Continuing my researches into the efforts of Peter Brown...

Penguin and the other "Waddlers" decide they are fed up with being flightless. With a little ingenuity and a lot of hard work, they finally figure out a way they can join the "Flappers". But is there more to flying then getting themselves into the sky?

I did actually like the art in this one, especially the giant curves of the balloon and silly detail on the birds, such as their goggles. But I am really blah about poop jokes, of which I felt the story had more than its share. So, no thanks for my library.

Verdict: Purely personal dislike. Everyone else probably likes it.


ISBN: 978-0316110389; Published October 2005 by Little, Brown (out of print; later paperback version in print); Borrowed from the library

No comments: